Important Notice to enter Japan
Please note that these policies may be subject to changes and it is your responsibility to keep yourself updated with the latest information through the links below.
Entering Japan (As of April 27, 2022)
To enter Japan, you will need the following
All foreign visitors, regardless of nationality, require a visa to enter Japan.
As an additional document, a certificate of ERFS is also required for visa application.
Please kindly be informed that OECC/PSC cannot serve as a receiving organization required in registration to the ERFS system due to various constraints unfortunately.
2. Certificate of inspection for COVID-19 within 72 hours before leaving the country
Please refer to the following links for the certificate of inspection.
Information from Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000807573.pdf
Quarantine period after entering Japan
- If you arrive from a non-designated country/region and have a valid vaccination certificate (proof of triple vaccination with designated vaccines), no quarantine period is required after the test at the airport.
- In case of arriving from a designated country/region or a non-designated country/region without a vaccination certificate, 3 to 7 days are required as a quarantine period.
Please see more detailed information on the following website.
- *Designated countries/regions (As of April 7)
Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Republic of Korea, Egypt, Pakistan, Vietnam
- *Information on visas and entry into Japan is subject to change depending on the status of COVID-19 infection in Japan, so please check the website of the Japanese embassy or consulate in your area of residence for the latest information on your own.
- Related Links:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan
Return to your home country
PCR test might be required before your departure from Japan by your country. We strongly recommend you to check the regulation of your country.
For any inquiries:
OECC/PSC 2022 Secretariat
c/o JTB Communication Design, Inc.